Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry to all!


I hope you are all having a happy, peaceful, calm day. It's always astonishing to me how fast this day goes by, yet we spend so much time preparing for it. Henry said to me this morning "mom I got you only one gift because you don't get me much for Christmas". If he only knew!!!

I won't distract you for too long, because I have food to cook, books to read, walks to walk, and kids to play with, and I know many of you do too.

In between all of the festivities this week, take time to read the passage below from Scott Noelle. He sends out a great daily newsletter for parents that I find to be very inspiring. I find the words of this quote to be very appropriate for the craziness of this season.

A Christmas Wish...

My wish for you today (and for myself, too) is to receive
the gift of noticing the In-between.

The In-between is the subtle energy of Aliveness that's
always present but only becomes noticeable during the
gaps in the holiday rituals.

It's the Presence between the presents. :)

It's the kind of Well-Being that requires no exterior
evidence. You just *feel* it in a moment of stillness,
and suddenly you know that we are all connected,
and love is real, and All Is Well.

May the In-between bless our hearts today and everyday.

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment