Monday, December 6, 2010

A house to inspire

Came across this amazing house in Dwell Magazine recently, located 20 miles off the coast of Maine. It's inspiring, not only the amazing views, but the small footprint. Check out the fridge that's barely noticeable.  The design is so smart that it seems like the house has everything it needs, but with a footage of only 500 square feet.  I love everything about it. Wouldn't it be nice to have someplace like this you could go to as a hideaway every now and again?

I've always been in love with small space living because I've always lived in small houses and apartments. Living in a small space forces you to use what you need, keep only the possessions that you love, stay very very organized, filter often, and use every inch of your space well.  It's a fun challenge actually. What do you think? Could you live in a 500 square foot house? I could, especially if it looked like this one!




One other thing:

New holiday Butter nail polish called Fairy Lights. 



Perfect color for this holiday season. Looks great on, very shinny and metallic. Pinkish lavender which I think is now my new favorite color. Check it out. I Love It.






1 comment:

  1. Great new post!!! I would love to have a small space b/c you are so right--it forces you to filter!!!

    LOVE LOVE BUTTER NAILPOLISH!!!!

    ReplyDelete