Sunday, January 30, 2011

Cubitec Shelving

Design Within Reach is one of my favorite furniture design sources. But they happen to be very 'out of reach' from a price stand point so I find myself getting ideas from them and then trying to find close seconds at IKEA, Room and Board or West Elm. That said, they do have one product that is not only beautiful, functional and well designed, but also affordable - the Cubitec shelving unit.






I love these. The shelves are light weight, sturdy molded polypropylene and can be attached and stacked to create any size. They look great as book shelves but I think they're sturdy enough to be used for toys too.  I think one unit is around $250. And I have to point out -   there's a HUGE difference between DWR quality and West Elm, Ikea etc...it's always worth the extra money when you can swing it.


Add caption

So what do you think? Doesn't the color coded book shelf above just inspire you? I feel like color coding every thing in my house when I see such order!

No comments:

Post a Comment