Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Inspired

I've been feeling so inspired lately. For starters, we decided to take our house off the market. There were a few reasons, but for me, it had alot to do with the comments we were getting when people came through. Everyone really loved my house, and I now realize, as silly as I feel for listing and then unlisting it so quickly, that this was all meant to be. I was meant to see my house through everyone else's eyes, and now I love it all over again.  And as much as I was looking forward too more design projects, I'm so relieved I don't have all that work in front of me.



So why am I feeling inspired? I was reminded that everything in my house and your house can always be re-designed, furniture moved around, wall colors altered. Nothing is fixed and permanent. There is always room for change and renewal.

So long story short, I have collections of colors I love and photos I admire and styles I want to steal.  This will be my theme for the rest of the week. Starting with the above photo I snagged from Lonny awhile back.  There's a lot going on in this photo - alot of wall art and pillows, a strong sofa color, and a graphic rug -  but somehow it all works, don't you think?

1 comment:

  1. Reinventing, tweaking and refining the design of an existing place is sometimes more of a challenge than starting with a blank slate. What a great challenge to make more out of what you already have!

    ReplyDelete