Sunday, May 1, 2011

The Vegetarian Myth

Fascinating read. The Vegetarian Myth by Lierre Keith. I know many of you are vegetarians and I'm not trying to start a debate, that's for sure. But this is a good read for anyone. It's not necessarily a pro-meat, anti-vegetarian book. It's really just a good source for learning more about how food is produced and grown in our country, the economics of food and how our bodies digest and use different types of food. 

The woman who wrote the book was a vegetarian for 20 years and then started doing her own research.  She now eats meat, but is very careful about the quality and the source.


I love reading books like this. I think the more information we have the better in deciding not only what to eat for the body we have, but where to buy our food and who to support. All so important. And I'm just so grateful there are people out there willing to do the extensive research to educate the rest of us! If this topic is up your alley, I hope you pick up a copy. I think you'll enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment