Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Northern Delights

And oh, are they a delight! I love Scandinavian design.

This book in now at the top of my Christmas list. I love these images already. Right up my alley - simple, clean, minimalist, nature-inspired.

Sorry the images are so small. The book is coming from overseas and doesn't seem wildly popular here yet. Here's a quick write up:

"Northern Delights reveals why hardly any other interior or product design is so timeless, so functional, so aesthetic, and of such high quality as that of Sweden, Norway, Finland, and Denmark. The book’s stunning selection of Scandinavian design ranges from individual products to skillfully staged living spaces. Although it also presents iconic designs, the book focuses on the work of young talents who are consciously building upon local sustainable design traditions and further developing them in a way that is consistent, intelligent, and reflects an unerring sense of style."

I underlined an important part of this passage. Local sustainable design. So important. I am trying to weave these words into my design approach as much as possible. Still exploring how to truly do this but I am just glad it's a concept that's becoming popular.

What about you? What's on the top of your Christmas list?








No comments:

Post a Comment